*This page is intended for those who have recieved an invitation to book their COVID vaccination by text message*
All vacinations are currently held at Gateway House, Skipton - see below for directions.
Thank you for booking your COVID-19 vaccination online. The following instructions are to aid you in booking this appointment. If you are unable to make this date or complete the online booking process, or the clinic is now fully booked, don’t worry, you will be contacted again to rearrange in due course. Please DO NOT ring the surgery to enquire. This is extremely important, we do not have the capacity to answer your individual queries. Either book the vaccine and ask when you get there, or ignore this invitation and you will be invited again.
After clicking the link and entering your correct date of birth, you can pick any available appointment time. Please arrive as close to your appointment time as possible. There is a large car park on site. Please wear suitable clothing so we can vaccinate you quickly in the upper arm.
Reasons NOT to book the vaccine at this point:
- You have a severe (anaphylactic) allergy to one of the ingredients in the vaccine. The "excipients" (ingredients other than the vaccine itself) are listed below.
- You are pregnant, unless you have specifically been told to do so.
- You are in a COVID-19 trial, unless you have specifically been told to do so.
- You have had COVID-19 infection within the last 4 weeks, please wait, and you will be offered the vaccine again.
- This is your 2nd dose, and the vaccine make/brand you have been offered is different to the first one you had.
Specifically to AstraZeneca-Oxford vaccine
- If you are under 30 years old, and this is an invitation for your first vaccination, you can choose to be vaccinated with an alternative vaccine. Just ignore this invitation, and await further contact. For everyone over 30 years old, the benefits of the vaccine still outweigh any risks involved.
- You have a history of a rare blood clotting disorder associated with low platelets, such as Heparin-Induced Thrombocytopaenia (HIT) or Antiphospholipid syndrome with low platelets
- This does not include other blood clots (DVT/PE) where you were not specifically told you had low platelets, or other common blood clotting disorders, such as Factor V Leiden. If you have anything like this, please book the appointment, and discuss with your vaccinator on the day.
Specifically to Pfizer-BioNTech
- You have a history of multiple anaphylactic (i.e. requiring hospitalisation) reactions to different and varied medications. This could indicate a PEG allergy, an excipient in this vaccine.
For any other concerns, we would recommend booking the appointment and discussing it with the vaccinating clinician at the time. Please do NOT ring the surgery to discuss other concerns.
If this is your second vaccination, please bring along your vaccine card.
If you have booked a vaccination elsewhere, you can either attend there instead, or cancel it.
Vaccinations are held at:
- Gateway House, BD23 1UD (formerly ComputerShare), opposite Keelham Farm Shop
The vaccine "excipients" (ingredients) are listed here:
- ALC-0315 = (4-hydroxybutyl) azanediyl)bis (hexane-6,1-diyl)bis(2-hexyldecanoate)
- PEG - ALC-0159 = 2-[(polyethylene glycol)-2000]-N,N-ditetradecylacetamide
- potassium chloride
- potassium dihydrogen phosphate
- sodium chloride
- disodium hydrogen phosphate dihydrate
- water for injections
- L-Histidine hydrochloride monohydrate
- Magnesium chloride hexahydrate
- Polysorbate 80
- Sodium chloride
- Disodium edetate dihydrate
- Water for injections