Patients who have previously been diagnosed with a neurological condition, are invited to stroke support groups.
For further details, please contact:
Patients living with Osteoporosis in Airedale, Wharfedale, and Craven are invited to special Patient Education Talks.
We will cover all aspects of managing Osteoporosis, including medication.
Join us on the last Wednesday of each Month at 10:30 am.
Sessions will be held at either:
- Dyneley House Surgery
- Dyneley House Barn
- Skipton Scout Hut (Neighbouring Dyneley House Surgery)
26th of January
23rd of February
30th of March
27th of April
25th of May
29th of June
27th of July
28th of September
26th of October
30th of November
28th of December
The new programme aims to reduce the prevalence of heart disease, and more specifically, reduce hypertension rates across the district.
The Healthy Choices programme runs over 8 weeks, starting with a virtual welcome session to introduce Patients to the coaches and explain the approach, including what is involved. The remaining sessions are one-and-a-half-hour face to face sessions, with each week exploring a new healthy habit and including an exercise session.
The programme will coach Patients to set up for success through a mixture of peer group health education and exercise. The goal of this programme is to:
- Improve understanding of the long-term health risks of poor diet and a sedentary lifestyle
- Help minimise these risks using a simple framework
- Help make long term, sustainable changes.
Topics will include:
- choosing quality carbohydrates & fats
- learning how to plan ahead (meals/shopping/exercise)
- learning what is a balanced meal for reducing blood pressure
- Portion control - ways to measure and adjust
- Falling off the wagon - be prepared for it and how to get back in the saddle
- The environment - how to change it to make good choices easier
- Social circle - how to use it to make things easier for you
You can qualify for a free place if you have a:
- BMI over 30
- High blood pressure & high cholesterol
- Aged between 18-64
To find out more information, or to self-refer, please visit: www.eatmovebehappy.com
Need help to improve your lifestyle?
Patients can now access new Exercise Classes and Health Coaching Courses!
To find out more, please visit eatmovebehappy.com.