If you are already registered for ordering online you can click here to request your repeat prescription via SystmOnline.
Please allow at least two working days for processing your prescription.
- Prescriptions left before 2pm will be ready after 2pm two working days later.
- Your prescription may be sent electronically to your nominated chemist. This saves your practice both time and paper.
- To order a further supply, please order online, or alternatively deliver the completed white repeat slip to the surgery.
- Please enclose an SAE if you wish us to post it to you. Our staff will be happy to explain in more detail.
Reception staff are instructed not to take telephone requests for medication, as this can lead to errors.
- You may make arrangements with a local pharmacy to collect your repeat prescriptions.
- These can now be requested online. Please contact Reception for further information.
The Electronic Prescription Service (EPS) is an NHS Service. It gives you the chance to change how your GP sends your prescription to the place you choose to get your medicines or appliances from.
What does this mean for you?
If you collect your repeat prescriptions from your GP you will not have to visit your GP practice to pick up your paper prescription. Instead, your GP will send it electronically to the place you choose, saving you time.
You will have more choice about where to get your medicines from because they can be collected from a pharmacy near to where you live, work or shop.
You may not have to wait as long at the pharmacy as there will be time for your repeat prescriptions to be ready before you arrive.
Is this service right for you?
Yes, if you have a stable condition and you:
- don’t want to go to your GP practice every time to collect your repeat prescription.
- collect your medicines from the same place most of the time or use a prescription collection service now.
It may not be if you:
- don’t get prescriptions very often.
- pick up your medicines from different places.
How can you use EPS?
- You need to choose a place for your GP practice to electronically send your prescription to.
- Ask any pharmacy or dispensing appliance contractor that offers EPS or your GP practice to add your nomination for you. You don’t need a computer to do this.
Can I change my nomination or cancel it and get a paper prescription?
Yes you can. If you don’t want your prescription to be sent electronically tell your GP. If you want to change or cancel your nomination speak to any pharmacist or dispensing appliance contractor that offers EPS, or your GP practice. Tell them before your next prescription is due or your prescription may be sent to the wrong place.
Is EPS reliable, secure and confidential?
Yes. Your electronic prescription will be seen by the same people in GP practices, pharmacies and NHS prescription payment and fraud agencies that see your paper prescription now.
Sometimes dispensers may see that you have nominated another dispenser. For example, if you forget who you have nominated and ask them to check or, if you have nominated more than one dispenser. Dispensers will also see all the items on your reorder slip if you are on repeat prescriptions.
For more information visit www.hscic.gov.uk/epspatients, your pharmacy or GP practice.
If you have any difficulty ordering your repeat medication on-line?
If you experience any difficulty ordering your repeat medication online, please use the 'free text' box or telephone the Practice and ask to speak to one of our Prescribing Administrators.